Monday 18 March 2019

A Badge of Honour...

This “Stanley” badge was listed on eBay as a Stanley Rule & Level Company factory visitor’s pass from around 1920. I didn’t believe a word of it, but thankfully, neither did anyone else, so I was able to purchase it for a couple of bucks. Even if it isn’t as stated, it still looks cool. This is the first of 10 or 12 little woodworking associated items that I’m adding throughout my new tool cabinet to increase the interest factor.

To hold the badge in place I drilled two small holes down from the top which accept brass nails which pass in front of the pin that normally passes through the wearer’s clothes. I chose this particular plane to display the badge as it is over a half century newer than all my other Stanley planes, and because it was purchased by my old man around 1946 or ‘47, when he went into the trade.
I made the mount using a backsaw, cabinet maker's rasp, a rat's tail rasp, a ¼" and ½" chisel and mallet. I also used a mess of 100 grit sandpaper. Finish sanding and urethaning to follow.
Peace,
Mitchell

2 comments:

  1. I like that type 1, 10 1/2 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant of Le_Meridian Funding Service. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problem trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Le_Meridian Funding Service. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problem because am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in other to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com OR WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete